Thursday, February 4, 2010

Midwife Apprentice!


Who is this beautiful lady? This is my new mentor! Her name is Debra Day and she is wonderful! We met in a hospital bathroom while we were both giving labor support to clients practically next door to each other. I had her and her daughter (who lives right down the street from me) over for tea last week to talk more about becoming a midwife and all of the cards fell into place.


I am now working with her two days per week. She works independently and with another midwife in town, Mary Barnett. Debra provides labor support, prenatal and postpartum care and attends home births.


I am still in awe that I am studying to become a Certified Professional Midwife to assist women in their home births!


Check out their websites and look forward to many more adventures on my new journey.


debraday.com



Heart of Texas Midwives


No comments:

Post a Comment